Lamacchia Realty Inc is a proud real estate company providing their services to the community of Stoneham MA. Buying and selling your home can be one of the more stressful times in your life. If you have a family, this stress can be even more! From changing your address, getting acclimated to a new surrounding, making friends and much more, Lamacchia Realty Inc. is here to maximize your real estate experience.
Selling In Stoneham MA
Stoneham is a great town and when selling your home, it’s important that everyone knows about the great benefits which lie within your property. For that reason, Lamacchia follows a structured criteria to get your house in front of as many peoples eyes as possible. If someone is looking for a home in the Stoneham area, we want them to look you!
Buying in Stoneham MA
After working in Stoneham for so many years, we understand & know what this town has to offer. The only problem for a home buyer is that they don’t know where to look. Our experienced realtors will walk you through the process in order to find the perfect home. We will match your needs and wants to find a home that you’ll just love.
For more information about Lamacchia Realty, please feel free to give us a call at 855-510-7653 or fill out an online contact form.
Learn More About Stoneham
Stoneham is located 9 miles from downtown Boston. Its population is around 22,000. Because of its easy location on to Route 1 and I-93, and I-95 only being a few miles north on I-93, make getting to the North Shore or into Boston a breeze.
The MBTA serves Stoneham with service into Boston North Station. The Oak Grove subway station is 3.8 miles from Stoneham Center in Malden. The MBTA Bus also provides service into downtown Boston.
Housing and Home Prices
Stoneham has a mix of single-family and multi-family dwellings, including condos and apartments.
The median home value in Stoneham is $536,200.
Things to Do
Stoneham is a family-friendly town with a strong sense of community. Stoneham Town Day is held in September each year; with raffles, booths and carnival rides, the festive celebration brings residents together.
- Stoneham has a Walk Score of 80, which means you can easily walk to several of the local amenities. They include banks, grocery stores, post office, police station, hardware stores, furniture stores, salons, pharmacies, dance and martial arts studios, a live theater and up to 15 restaurants.
- 85 percent of residents spend an average of 25 minutes daily commuting to work
- The town square is reminiscent of colonial era New England, and the site of Stoneham Town day. Farmer’s Markets are held every Tuesday during the fall and summer. Summer concerts are organized on the Band Stand. The town square is a gathering place for residents, who can be seen enjoying strolls, playing Frisbee or sitting on benches.
- The 2,200 acre Middlesex Fells Reservation (or simply ‘the Fells’) is a beautiful state park with over 100 miles of trails. It is ideal for day-long hikes and offers scenic views of the city skyline. Located reasonably close to the town center, it can be easily reached by walk or bike ride. During winter, the Fells transforms into a hub for snow shoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Potlucks at St. Patrick’s church are yet another reason for people to congregate and interact.
- The Stone Zoo is a 26 acres zoo housing birds of prey, meerkats, gibbons, and river otter and black bear exhibits.
Stoneham is home to a number of private and public schools. They include Colonial Park Elementary School, Stoneham Middle School, Stoneham High School, St. Patrick Elementary School and Edgewood Greater Boston Academy.
Stoneham High School is ranked #74 in MA high schools. Enrolling around 650 students and 56 full time teachers the school has a student teacher ratio of 11 to 1. The school performers higher in mathemeatic and reading than the state averages.
The high school performs at 89% in mathematics, the state average is 80% and 97% in reading, the state average is 90%.