Our yearly hottest towns report is here! This is a list that goes into detail about the top 25 towns and cities – out of all 351 in Massachusetts – that had the biggest growth in home sales in 2018. We look specifically at single family homes, condominiums, and multi-family homes, and while we filter by the increase in the number of sales to get our Top 25 list, we also look at the increase or decrease in the average home sale price. The cities or towns listed must have a minimum of 200 homes sold in 2018 to be considered for the list.
A lot of towns this year are new to the list when compared to the previous year’s – no towns from last years Top 10 were in this years Top 10 or Top 25! Springfield was in last years Top 11-25 and remained this year also.
Top 10 Hottest Towns in 2018
- In Auburn, the number of homes sold increased by 24.62%, to 324, and prices increased by 11.59%, to $260,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Auburn:
- Crystal Caves Family Entertainment Center
- Packachoag Golf Course
- AMF Auburn
Auburn greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 6/10
- In Swampscott, the number of homes sold increased by 24.47%, to 295, and prices increased by 9.76%, to $495,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Swampscott:
- Beach Bluff Park
- Mary Baker Eddy Historic House
- Ocean House Suf Shop & Cafe
Swampscott greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 8/10
- In Brighton, the number of homes sold increased by 21.04%, to 466, and prices increased by 11.04%, to $524,100.
Attractions/Things to Do in Brighton:
- Freedom Trail
- Fenway Park
- Boston Public Garden
- In Roxbury, the number of homes sold increased by 19.57% to 275, and prices increased by 1.16% to $531,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Roxbury:
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Diablo Glass School
5. Wakefield saw an increase in home sales by 18.75%, to 437 and an increase in prices by 7.35%, to $509,900.
Attractions/Things to Do in Wakefield:
- Lake Quannapowitt
- Crystal Lake Park
- Linden Tree Coffeehouse
Wakefield greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 7/10
- Mansfield saw an increase in home sales by 17.89%, to 336 and prices decreased by 2.28% to $390,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Mansfield:
- Mansfield Public Library
- National Black Doll Museum of History & Culture
- Xfinity Center
Mansfield greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 9/10
- In South Hadley, the number of home sales increased to 284, an increase of 15.92%. Home prices grew 11.37%, to $235,000.
Attractions / Things to do in South Hadley:
- Mount Holyoke College
- McCray’s Farm
- Mount Holyoke College Botanic Gardens and Talcott Greenhouse
South Hadley greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 5/10
- Somerville made the top 10 by increasing by 14.73% in home sales, to 919 and by increasing by 8.82% in price, to $790,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Somerville:
- Davis Square
- The Assembly Row
- Aeronaut Brewing Co.
Somerville greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 7/10
9. Dracut increased in home sales by 14.14% to 565 in 2018, and prices increased by 14.46% to $315,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Dracut:
- Four Oaks Golf Course
- On Target Firearms and Indoor Range
- Maguire’s Tavern
Dracut greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 6/10
10. Kingston increased in home sales by 14.29% to 216 in 2018 and decreased in prices by 7.44% to $398,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Kingston:
- Gray’s Beach Park
- Alley Kat Lane
- Sky Zone
Kingston greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 7/10
Here are the rest of the Hottest Towns in Massachusetts ranked 11-25 by % change in Home Sales
|Rank||City/Town||# of Sales||% Change Sales||Median Price||% Change Price|
*Data provided by Warren Group & MLSPIN
- Advice for Homeowners
- All Agent Sites
- Bea Murphy
- Building a Home
- Buying a Home in Massachusetts
- Buying a home in Southern New Hampshire
- Buying and Selling
- Buying Process
- Chris Dudzic
- Get More with Lamacchia
- Home Improvement Tips
- Home Sales
- Hottest Towns
- Housing Report
- In The News
- joselin malkhasian
- Lamacchia Property Management Blogs
- Lamacchia Realty Gives Back
- Lamacchia Realty in the News
- Marilyn O'Brien
- Massachusetts Real Estate News
- Massachusetts Real Estate Tips 2011
- meghan martin
- Mid-Year Report
- Mortgage and Finance Blogs
- New Hampshire Real Estate
- Offer Now Program
- President's Club
- Property Maintenance Blogs
- Real Estate News
- Real Estate Tips for 2011
- Rent in Boston area
- Selling a Home in Massachusetts
- Selling a Home in New Hampshire
- Selling Process
- Shauna Fanning
- Team Jill & Di
- Yana Ellowitz
- Year in Review
Free Home Selling/Buying Consultation!
Planning to Sell? Get a FREE copy of our Home Sellers book!