Our yearly hottest towns report is here! This is a list that goes into detail about the top 25 towns and cities – out of all 351 in Massachusetts – that had the biggest growth in home sales in 2017. We look specifically at single family homes, condominiums, and multi-family homes, and while we filter by the increase in the number of sales to get our Top 25 list, we also look at the increase or decrease in the average home sale price. The cities or towns listed must have a minimum of 200 homes sold in 2017 to be considered for the list.
A lot of towns this year are new to the list when compared to the previous year’s – only Fall River made the Top 10 last year and this year. Attleboro, North Attleboro, and Springfield made the Top 10 last year and fell to spots within numbers 11 – 25, and New Bedford was the only town that jumped from the Top 25 last year to this year’s Top 10.
Top 10 Hottest Towns in 2017
- In East Boston, the number of homes sold increased by 30.43%, to 480, and prices increased by 6.4%, to $507,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in East Boston:
- Downeast Cider House
- Classic Sail Boston Private Boat Tours
- Piers Park
East Boston greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 4/10
- In Leominster, the number of homes sold increased by 21.72%, to 678, and prices increased by 7.43%, to $229,900.
Attractions/Things to Do in Leominster:
- Doyle Community Park
- Sholan Farms
- Leominster State Forest
Leominster greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 6/10
- In Bourne, the number of homes sold increased by 19.44%, to 424, and prices increased by 7.94%, to $340,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Bourne:
- The Cape Cod Canal Bikeway
- Aptucxet Trading Post Museum
- Butterflies of Cape Cod
Bourne greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 4/10
- In Plymouth, the number of homes sold increased by 17.06% to 1,242, and prices increased by 4.06% to $333,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Plymouth:
- Plimoth Plantation
- Nelson Memorial Park
- Pilgrim Hall Museum
Plymouth greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 5/10
- Mashpee saw an increase in home sales by 15.75%, to 529 and an increase in prices by 2.79%, to $369,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Mashpee:
- Mashpee Commons Shopping and Restaurants
- South Cape Beach State Park
- Cape Cod Children’s Museum
Mashpee greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 5/10
- New Bedford, which was on our top 25 last year, saw an increase in home sales by 15.01%, to 1,088 and prices increased 5.46% to $200,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in New Bedford:
- New Bedford Whaling Museum
- Fort Taber Park Military Museum
- Hurricane Barrier Harbor Walk
New Bedford greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 3/10
- In Fall River, which is the only town on our top 10 last year as well, the number of home sales increased to 774, a boost of 13.82%. Home prices grew just under 4.3%, to $207,500.
Attractions / Things to do in Fall River:
- Battleship Cove: Memorial comprised with WWII Navy Ships
- Attractive downtown area with shops, restaurants and culture
- Fall River Heritage State Park
Fall River greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 4/10
- Peabody made the top 10 by increasing by 13.2% in home sales, to 669 and by 5.48% in prices, to $385,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Peabody:
- Brooksby Farm
- Independence Greenway Bike Route
- George Peabody House Museum
Peabody greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 4/10
- Franklin increased in home sales by 12.05% to 502 in 2017, and prices increased by 1.9% to $375,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Franklin:
- Franklin Historical Museum
- Ficco’s Bowladrome
- Franklin Public Library
Franklin greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 6/10
- Chicopee increased in home sales by 11.02% to 675 in 2017 and increased in prices by 4.38% to $167,000.
Attractions/Things to Do in Chicopee:
- Polish Center of Discovery and Learning
- Jess Miller Comedy
- Chicopee Memorial State Park
Chicopee greatschools.org School System Rating (PK, KG-12): 4/10
Here are the rest of the Hottest Towns in Massachusetts ranked 11-25 by % change in Home Sales
|Rank||City/Town||# of Sales||% Change Sales||Median Price||% Change Price|
*Data provided by Warren Group & MLSPIN
Free Home Selling/Buying Consultation!
Planning to Sell? Get a FREE copy of our Home Sellers book!
- 2020 Predictions
- Advice for Homeowners
- All Agent Sites
- Bea Murphy
- Building a Home
- Buying & Selling
- Buying a Home in Massachusetts
- Buying a home in Southern New Hampshire
- Buying and Selling
- Buying Process
- Chris Dudzic
- Company Announcements
- Get More with Lamacchia
- Home Buying
- Home Improvement Tips
- Home Sales
- Home Selling
- Hottest Towns
- Housing Report
- In The News
- joselin malkhasian
- Lamacchia Cares
- Lamacchia Chelmsford
- Lamacchia Leominster Announcements
- Lamacchia Luxury
- Lamacchia Property Management Blogs
- Lamacchia Realty Gives Back
- Lamacchia Realty in the News
- Marilyn O'Brien
- Massachusetts Real Estate News
- Massachusetts Real Estate Tips 2011
- meghan martin
- Mid-Year Report
- Mortgage and Finance Blogs
- New Hampshire Real Estate
- Offer Now Program
- Performance Award
- President's Club
- Property Maintenance Blogs
- Real Estate News
- Rent in Boston area
- Selling a Home in Massachusetts
- Selling a Home in New Hampshire
- Selling Process
- Shauna Fanning
- Team Jill & Di
- Yana Ellowitz
- Year in Review